Haakaa Breastfeeding Nipple Shield
- Regular price
- $16.00 USD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $16.00 USD
- Unit price
The Haakaa Breastfeeding Nipple Shield is a world-first design made of 100% soft silicone, with an extended teat that puts space between your nipple and your baby’s mouth.
If your little one bites down, pulls away, or if you have inverted or cracked nipples, you will still be able to breastfeed with ease and comfort. Our Nipple Shields suction onto your breast, giving you a hands-free breastfeeding experience.
The Haakaa Breastfeeding Nipple Shield allows all mums to experience the beauty of breastfeeding without the worry of discomfort and pain! The round base is larger and suctions on more easily, making it more suited for those who are new to using nipple shields. The triangle base is smaller, but allows for more skin-to-skin contact, making it more suited for those who are more experienced with using nipple shields.
The orthodontic teat is thumb-shaped to replicate the shape of a mother's nipple during breastfeeding, making it more readily accepted by your baby.
Our Orthodontic Breastfeeding Nipple Shields have an opening that's 28mm in diameter
This product is designed for mothers who are physically unable to breastfeed due to sore, cracked nipples and should only be used in the interim before returning to natural breastfeeding once your nipple has healed. If you are able to breastfeed successfully and experience slight discomfort, we suggest using our traditional nipple shields as a protective alternative if your nipples become raw and sore.
- Patented one-piece design with no joints, cracks or edges for mould or bacteria to harbour.
- Nipple design allows babies to mimic a natural sucking rhythm, making it easier for babies that have difficulty latching.
- Suctions on to all breast shapes, making it easier for new mums to use and enjoy a hands-free breastfeeding experience.
- The anti-slip ridged outer edge make the nipple shield easier to hold while the baby is feeding.
- Variable flow teat allows baby to drink continuously and prevents them from choking if milk flows too fast.
- Space between mum’s nipple and the nipple shield head prevents baby from biting the nipple.
- BPA, PVC and phthalate-free.
- Dishwasher and microwave sterilizer safe.
Includes one shield and a protective case for storage.
How To Use the Haakaa Breastfeeding Nipple Shield:
1. Squeeze the chamber and fold back the base of the shield.
2. Centre the opening of the shield over your nipple and return the base to its original position.
3. Release your grip on the chamber and you will feel light suction.
4. You may not get the shield perfectly in place first try, so readjust until the shield is comfortable.
5. Introduce your baby to the shield to start feeding. Your breast milk will continue to flow into the extended teat, allowing your baby to feed.
Top Tip: Try expressing a few drops of breast milk into the shield before attaching to promote an easier latch.
Wash before and after each use. Although dishwasher safe, we recommend hand washing in warm soapy water and rinsing and drying thoroughly. Do not use any bleach-based cleaners or tablets to sterilise or clean your Haakaa products. To sterilise, use a steam steriliser or boil in water for 2-3 minutes.